Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Make do with what I have

In Fall 09 of Vouge knitting/Designer knitting page 69 I did find a cardigan that I really wanted to knit. The rib and cable cardigan is knitted in Filatura di Crosa Thaki. Filatura di Crosa is one of the few yarn brands that are fairly easily access-able from the Hague, as the yarn store in Delft carries it.

However I did not want to purchase new yarn - for obvious reasons.

A couple of years ago, before she became so "hot" on Ravelry, I did purchase some all cashmere Sophia yarn from Posh yarn. The problem is that I did not buy enough for a sweater/cardigan in one color, and it is really impossible to get more. Also the bright orange is a little to orange for me.

Also the gauge was really off.

Then I did remember my stash of Rowan Kid Silk. One strand of each made the difference. The color is better and the gauge is perfect.

In addition I finally did find use for my Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere - which is far to expensive to continue sitting in stash. The red cable is knitted in Pure Cashmere

1 comment:

  1. Jeg må bare si at jeg er så imponert over deg! Så mange nydelige sokkepar og strikkerier og så deilig med masse frodige farger. Jeg må kikke oftere innom her hos deg! Ha en fin kveld.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.