Ravelry is the place to hang out if you are a knitter. The problem is that new projects seem to be coming when I should indeed concentrate finishing up old ones.
Bobbie (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bobbie-9) was one of those projects. I started on the gloves earlier this week with the aim to finish them up by the weekend.
They are knitted in Wollmeise - what else. The pattern did call for only one color/skein. But I thought that the I-cord should be more visible. Hence I changed color for the I-cord. The main color - Gazpacho - does have a light green as one of the colors. However when trying a more solid that was closer to the light green, that did not make enough contrast to the main color.
So I finally decided upon a very dark green - Schottenrock. In my humble opinion, adding the solid green made the gloves. Further I thought that the gloves should be really Sunday gloves so I did also make flowers (in Rosenrot). No need to say that they are going to be my favorite gloves. More at my Ravelry project page - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MariannAn/bobbie
3 hours ago