Monday, December 07, 2009

All those single skeins

Our house is in a city with traffic, noice, pollution etc. but not without nature only outside my window

My study is on the first floor. This is the view:



























I do prefer indy dyer yarn. However as most yarn collector's, I have limited my purchases to single skeins.
A single skein is enough for a pair of socks, a pair of mittens, a hat and may be a shawl.

For sweaters, cardis, etc. one skein is far to little - or is it. My current project "Nötteliten" is a single skein project - sorry; several single skein project. I did pull out 4 Bugga! skeins that I thought could work together. Then I started designing the main part of the sweater, and the remaining - sleeves, body, etc. are made as I knit. It is fun and at least I think that the sweater has the potential to be a favorite (for the little one that shal use it). Progress onRavelry

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.