Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is around the corner

Only a couple of days to go. Finally all presents are made.

The two last ones are necessities for a doll bed. I have used some "left-over" quilt fabric with pink ballerinas and a few yards of pink yarn, spent approximately an hour for sewing and knitting.
The next one has been on the needles for a week. Finally the Wollmeise has dyed some pink yarn - Tutu. I've used close to two skeins of Tutu medium twin (80/20) and Dörnroschen as contrast - the latter 2/3 of a skein. I have used contrast colors for the cables as well as on all the I-cords and the buttons. I did see a coat on Sandnesgarn's homepages, brought the leaflet and was determined to knit the pink coat. However after reading though the pattern as well as after having had a closer look, I thought that it would be far to much work on a coat compared to how often the little girl will wear it. So I decided to go for a jacket. Also when having a clooser look - it looked a little booring, so I designed my own coat/jacket.

I started with the cable border. After finishing the cable, I picked up the stitches for the upper body, and knitted double moss stitches. I completed the upper body with collar before starting on the lower body - i.e. did sew together on the shoulders. I did leave all stitches from the front bands as well as the collar on the needle - i.e. did not cast of anything but the shoulder stitches

Then I picked up the same number of stitches for the lower body, and started a 5 knit 3 purl rib. After 2 cm I increased two stitches in each 5 knit - to 7 knit. Then I did knit 20 rows and increased 2 stitches in each 7 knit to 9 knit. Then I knitted 30 rows and increased to 11 knit. Finally I knitted 36 rows.

Then I picked up approximately 3 stitches per 4 rows on each front "band", and casted off those as well as all stitches on the collar and the lower body by using a 3 stitches I-cord.
The sleeves are not sewn together with the body, but knitted together. When finishing both sleeves I did pick up the same amount of stitches on each sleeve and on each "sleeve hole". I casted on 3 stitches in contrast color and knitted the sleeve together with the body using an I-cord that is attached to the body at one end and the sleeve at the other end.
Finally I finished up by covering the buttons with crochet stitches and adding one bead in the middle of each button.

2 comments:

  1. Denne var bare helt utrolig lekker!!! Datteren min hadde fått helt dilla hadde hun sett denne:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing as I knew it would be! I love everything and the colors and buttons are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.