Sunday, March 14, 2010

Handpainted yarn


Another “love/hate” relationship is multi colored hand painted yarn. It looks amazing when seeing it in the shop. The skeins pop out and cry out loud – Buy me, buy me.
Earlier I did do that. I looked at those amazing skeins and could not resist. But what happens? Except for socks and similar small items, multicolored skeins are not easy to use. So they tend to stay in my shelves.
I’m in the mood of getting such skeins out of my stash. So I started a shawl earlier this week. Frogged and restarted two times. I’ve ended up with a fairly easy shawl with a body of garter stitch ending up with Old Shale Lace.
I’m increasing one stitch at each end of the shawl on every row, and 2 in the middle on every second row. The goal is to finish this by end of April to make it my April shawl for the Ravelry group 10 shawls in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful. I agree about your feeling with this kind of yarn. The best are colored in shades or two colours. The rest is difficult to wear

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.